Trainee Milestones & Updates
- Christi Kolarcik was awarded a Career Development grant by the Muscular Dystrophy Association that was also selected to be co-funded by the American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine. She presented the ASIP 2016 Young Scientist Leadership Award Lecture, "Approaching Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis from Cellular, System, and Technological Angles" on Friday, October 21, 2016 at the PISA Conference in Houston, Texas.
- Jeff Mohlman recently received a Science, Technology, and Policy fellowship position from the American Society for Clinical Pathology to study laboratory developed test regulation policy.
- Chad Walesky recently received the 2016 Charles Trey, MD, Memorial Postdoctoral Fellowship award from the American Liver Foundation, as well as a National Research Service award (F32) from the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases.
Congratulations to ASIP Trainees who received PISA 2016 Poster Awards:
For Outstanding Research in Experimental Pathology
Ali Alawieh, Medical University of South Carolina (Abstract IM1)
For Excellent Research in Experimental Pathology
- Priyanka Kachroo, PhD, Houston Methodist Research Institute (Abstract ID7)
- Lindsey Kennedy, Texas A&M Health Science Center (Abstract L7)
- Shuanghui Yang, Houston Methodist Research Institute (Abstract C11)
- Luchang Zhu, Houston Methodist Hospital (Abstract ID3)
For Meritorious Research in Experimental Pathology
- Carina Dehner, MD, Yale University (Abstract M1)
- Chunxu Gao, PhD, Baylor College of Medicine (Abstract M2)